Thursday, April 26, 2007

how to reply to an email troll


Here's how I just handled an email troll, a person who uses email to pick a fight with you. The person also uses Twitter and blogs, but that's another story, which can be easily followed by you clever readers out there.

(1) First, in defense of Cluetrain Triumphant, which Amanda Chapel, to promote the silly booklet "The Cult of the Amateur", attacks with predictable rantings: this comment I posted in retaliation on her blog.


-----Original Message-----

From: vaspers the grate [mailto:chapel@strumpette.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 3:08 PM
To: chapel@strumpette.com
Subject: [Strumpette] [Requires review]
New comment posted to Exposing The Communist Blogifesto

You are the defender of Amerikkka Korporate Kill Machine.


(2) Then came the charming reply, via email.


On 4/20/07, Amanda Chapel wrote:

Vaspers, you're fucked. Ten bucks says you're poor, too.

To address you comment more specifically, no... I am not a defender of "Amerikkka Korporate Kill Machine."

But I do happen to be a property owner with considerable bank accounts and stock portfolio.

Kind regards,

- Amanda



(3) Lastly, my email reply. That's all there is to see folks. Move along now.


So you see the world in terms of how much more money you assume to have in comparison with others?

Like "poor" is the ultimate insult?

I've worked on Madison Avenue and Wall Street. You figure it out. My client list on my blog does not indicate the kind of a consultant who would likely be "poor", as if that even mattered to your silly arguments against what is already here:

Universal Content Utopia
Cluetrain Triumphant
User Empowerment
Blog Revolution

You use the tools you complain about.

Our leadership in the Web 2.0 world will not be impaired by your effete trolling.

3 comments:

Amanda Chapel said...

-----Original Message-----
From: Amanda Chapel [mailto:chapel@strumpette.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:44 AM
To: 'vaspers grate'
Subject: RE: A Note from Amanda Chapel

Vapers, you're fucked.

You owe me ten bucks.

Kathryn said...

nobody every emails me.
I am thankful.

steven edward streight said...

I don't owe the Libelous Troll Brigade anything but grief and mental collapse.

The "Look at me everybody! I try to anger people who are more successful than I!" approach is so IRC.