Thursday, March 01, 2007

Vaspers interview on Web 2.0 for local TV


Who: Steven E. Streight aka Vaspers the Grate.

What: Local TV interview.

Which: WEEK-TV, an NBC affiliate.

Where: Peoria, Illinois.

When: Tonight during the 9:00 PM news program on cable channel 11 or "My 59".

Why:
They want me to talk about Web 2.0, wikis, and the future of the web.

Watch Out: They also want me to return and discuss Web 2.0 as it relates to the upcoming elections.

And...a big fat fairytale hug to CK

...for hearing me complain like a wuss that I never saw any Al or Laura Ries marketing books at my local Barnes & Noble, and sending me a copy of what I really craved: The Origin of Brands by Al and Laura Ries (Harper Business/Harper Collins, 2004).

4 comments:

CK said...

Oh you're too much...you needn't have given me such a nicety. I shall send you many books, knowledge is the best gift after all (that's why I started the book club).

Let me know what you think. And if you have any questions/agreements/disagreements Al and Laura will be chattin' it up with all later in the month.

steven edward streight said...

CK: Disagreements with Al and Laura Ries? Nope. None. Never.

For I learned 80% of everything I needed to know about marketing from "Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind" and "Marketing Warfare" by Al Ries and Jack Trout.

Holding "The Origin of Brands" in my hands is like holding a sacred chalice of unvarnished marketing truth and wisdom beyond almost anything else in the entire universe. A precious item, this astonishingly radical and clear book.

David Reich said...

Vaspers, it's not that ck is being nice by sending a book. I think she has a major stock holding in Amazon.com and she's trying to boost the share price.

steven edward streight said...

"Being is but the Being-of this existent, and does not exist outside it as a foreign power, or as a hostile or neutral impersonal element.

The thought of Being (of the existent) is radically foreign to the search for a principle, or even a root (although certain images lead us to believe this, occasionally), or for a 'tree of knowledge': it is, as we have seen, beyond theory, and is not the first word of theory.

It is even beyond all hierarchies. If every 'philosophy', every 'metaphysics', has always sought to determine the first existent, the excellant and truly existent existent, then the thought of the Being of the existent is not this metaphysics or first philosophy.

It is not even ontology, if ontology is another name for first philosophy.

Since it is not first philosophy concerned with the arche-existent, that is, the first thing or first cause which governs, then the thought of Being is neither concerned with, nor exercises, any power."

Jacques Derrida, "Violence & Metaphysics".