Friday, October 20, 2006

PC performance upgrades going badly

I'm researching a whole new type of marketing for a client, so new, it doesn't even have a name yet.

Plus, I'm in the midst of hardware upgrades for my system, so there may be some strange pauses in service here, meaning I may miss a day or two of blogging, depending on the nightmares I'm dealing with.

Nightmares, they are, indeed. I put a Kingston Memory RAM stick in my computer, and now it won't even turn on. So I had to yank it out. Did I mention I've got a MyBook external hard drive sitting on the floor, giving me dirty looks?

"Low Disk Space" message pops up, every few seconds, and I can't get Norton AV updates or send a job to my printer. I'm glad still can burn CDs from my iTunes playlists, but I can't import any mp3s. Video? Forget about it.

I am in a state of digital paralysis, for most intents and purposes. And right in the middle of some massive client research, testing, and development programs. Maybe everything will be okay tomorrow.

So, if I haven't been as responsive to emails and comments here, it's not my fault, it's society and technology that are to blame. I've promised music CDs and videos and many other things to my friends and allies. Hang in there. I think it will all be perfectly fine in the morning. I sure hope so.


Beat Happening "Midnight A Go Go" (2:51)
Wish I could find their "Teenage Caveman" video.


Olivia Tremor Control "Another Set of Bees in the Museum" (3:39)


Merzbow "Minus Zero" (3:24)
Mildly brutal noise from king of harsh sounds.

1 comment:

carrie said...

olive would be a cool name for a girl