I thought this was an interesting job description on the YouTube Jobs page.
Location: On Site (San Mateo, CA)
Want to be a part of the digital video revolution? Are you brimming with ideas about how to program and package video content? Do you have the patience and desire to find "video gold" -- the most creative, interesting, and humorous videos out there?
YouTube.com, the leading Internet video sharing company, is looking for an enthusiastic and savvy editor/programmer to help take the site's features to the next level.
Job responsibilities will include:
* sourcing the best videos on YouTube
* brainstorming innovative ways to package and present video content
* programming the site on a daily basis
* daily research on what the v/blogosphere is buzzing about, pop culture happenings, current events, etc.
* programming calendar maintenance
* producing content for and programming editor vlog(s)
Required Skills and Experience:
* 1-2 years work experience in a high-tech environment
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Deep knowledge in one or more of these areas: music, TV, film, video games, animation, comedy, science & technology, comedy, travel, sports
* Incredibly plugged in to the Internet, technology and pop culture
* Detail- and deadline-oriented
* Excellent work ethic and team player. Must be dedicated, driven, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Knowledge, experience, and a user of YouTube.com
* Published writing clips/blogger/vlogger
* Familiarity with content management systems
* Video production/filmmaking experience
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume (plain text, HTML, or PDF) and links to any writing samples/URLs to jobs [at] youtube [dot] com
The subject line MUST include: "Job: Editor/Programmer."