Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Revver Interns: child labor vs. illegal aliens

Since most companies don't give a flying fig about hiring illegals, and want us to think we need to "seal our borders", then...why should your company worry about child labor laws?

Get VC funding, then employ the cheapest labor of all: children. One McDonald's Happy Meal per day should suffice, or a troll keychain out of the 25 cent gumball and toy machine array at Pizza Hut. Talk about payroll cost cutting.

Brilliant idea from yet another CEO that I actually approve of: Louis Lumiere.

This has to be the best video I have ever seen, so far. Keep up the good work, Revver. Thanks Nalt.

Revver needs to enable comments at each video, move the time duration info up closer to the video (it's down at the bottom of the page), and include categories of Most Watched, Most Flamed, Most Favorited, Most Subscribed, Most Discussed, Most Bizarre, Most Stupid, etc.

Go to Revver and find out how to make money.

"The Revver Interns" (2:27)

6 comments:

Nalts said...

Thanks for the plug! We actually got busted by my real employer's security guy while shooting that on a Saturday. Next time we showed up for a sequel they told us kids weren't allowed on weekends.

steven edward streight said...

I appreciate the inside info.

When people compare Revver to YouTube, they forget that 80 million boring stupid videos is not a good thing.

The novelty is gone. Now ppl want quality, not just any unknown teenager lip synching and dancing to a pop song.

Or blasting off a Mentos soda rocket.

I plan to sign up for Revver today.

Chris Ritke said...

Now that's what I call a great video!

I don't really agree that people in general want quality. There are people that want quality, but the majority (sadly enough) just want crap. But my crap is their gold, and vice versa. That makes things interesting, in general.

steven edward streight said...

Chris: you may, sadly, be right.

When I watch the "me too" talent contest shows on that sullen and antique medium, television, I see that generally the crappiest acts get the most votes.

I hate yodeling, no matter how "cute" the pigtails may be that are doing it, for example. And I hate tap dancing Irish river walk type stuff.

To each his own, I suppose. How magnanimous of me.

I wonder. Does quality sell? Or, if the vast majority of people are unmotivated, underachieving mediocres, then it makes sense that junky crud would be the most successful and popular.

Except that quality that meets needs will outperform garbage that is hyped as meeting needs.

Pondering. Pondering.

Anyway, this Revver Interns video is spectacular. Those kids could not humanly be any cuter. This video slays me every time I watch it.

Yay Revver! Do you have a Revver channel at 49 Media?

Nalts said...

Thanks for the kind comments on www.willvideoforfood.com! How do I e-mail you? I'm nalts at cubebreak.com.

Cheers,
K

steven edward streight said...

Nalts: I thought my email address was easy to find in my sidebar. Guess I need to move it up. It used to be, in my old template, right in the description, under the blog title.

steven [dot] streight [at] gmail [dot] com