Monday, July 31, 2006

do your eyes burn?



Finally LEGAL, an absinthe beer called Four. Absinthe is what Rimbaud and Verlaine drank and wrote some of the best poetry in the cosmos. Bennett remembers me making some homemade Absinthe with Pernod and wormwood herb tincture, years ago. Use with moderation and maturity.

Soon after Kipling had received the Nobel Prize, his output of fiction and poems began to decline.


Last line of James Joyce's short story "Araby":

Gazing up into the darkness I saw myself as a creature driven and derided by vanity; and my eyes burned with anguish and anger.


My eyes, when I gaze upon the objects of my scorn and reform, they burn with anguish and anger. Do your eyes burn with anything as you look upon what's wrong? Or do you just focus on what's of benefit to your inordinate cravings?

No comments: