Tuesday, July 25, 2006

aaron spectre video & Loren Feldman vs. text

Aaron Spectre aka Drumcorps aka Air Inspector
"live" ragga junglist DJ Feb. 2006 (2:30)


In Loren Feldman of 1938 Media's post "I Lied to Vaspers the Grate", he boldly asserts, with Dadaist flair, the superiority of the webcam over the keyboard.

THE LOREN FELDMAN "VIDEO vs. TEXT" CHALLENGE:

[QUOTE] I don’t write more often because I think it is too easy to censor yourself. I’m not interested in doing that.

Writing gives you too much time to think. About everything. Most people don’t talk the way they write. There are pauses when you type. Time to reflect, write something witty, use a really cool analogy. It’s not real.

I use video because it is the purest form of communication you can have on the web. [END QUOTE]


I'm glad Loren pointed out the higher position occupied by video.

Vlogs are of higher attention/interest value and purposeability than text, podcast, and photo blogs.

Vlogging is The Next Big Thing. As Loren states, video is more pure a communication channel than text blogs. Video is more human, more of you appears, it's the bigger picture of who you are and what you do and what your company is.

Vlogging lets you show and tell.

Vlogging is dumping us on the teetering tip of the bridge that takes us to full and constant CompuTelepathy, as Loren and I have agreed to in a Skype Chat conversation.

internet > web > blogosphere > podosphere > vlogosphere > web conferencing glogosphere > computelepathic nation

3 comments:

carrie said...

but writing is also nice. they are both nice.

carrie said...

i've done an impromptu video response to this post on youtube which i have also posted on my blgo. chekkitout.

steven edward streight said...

I love writing, so much, I love books more than movies or, er, okay, even above music CDs, I suppose, sometimes.

I cherish my books. I have some old first editions and some yellow papered ancient tomes. I love turning pages. Books are very usable and interactive. You interact by highlighting, underlining, starring, or memorizing and quoting.

Will czech out your video.