Friday, May 12, 2006

deerhoof. stereolab. olivia tremor control. vu.



Here's a treat for you. A minimalist money-hating video from Deerhoof, called "Wrong Time Capsule". Musically great, visually minimalistic, but accomplishes much, and is funny.

Deerhoof are members from the strangest band of all history: Caroliner [the singing bull band]. Deerhoof is like Stereolab + Jethro Tull. The female vocalist always sings like a little girl. Puzzling Recordings (see my Music Links in sidebar) has about 23 tracks by Deerhoof, free and legal mp3s. Caroliner and Deerhoof are two of my top 10 favorite bands of all time.

STEREOLAB
"Melochord 75"




Olivia Tremor Control
"Grass Cannons":




Velvet Underground:
"Sister Ray"

2 comments:

MySpace Band Reviews said...

this is some awesome stuff. i'm a huge fan of the otc.

steven edward streight said...

I can't find any CDs by Olivia Tremor Control at my local Barnes & Noble, where I buy all my music.

I guess I will have to special order some. What do you recommend?