Friday, March 24, 2006

my internet connectivity problems


I have to tell you that I've been off and on trying to connect all evening.

I posted something this morning, then went off to visit a new client. When I got back several hours later, no internet connnection. I had problems with the broadband service activator, which is rare, but dismaying. If your connectivity is broken, you can do next to nothing, but keep trying.

It's a creepy feeling, when you've got the equipment but can't penetrate, you're blocked out, shut down, switched off.

What's different is that I sluggishly finally installed Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, some other updates, and the lastest MSN Messenger.

That seems to have thrown everything out of whack. For example, I got error messages like:

* "the network did not assign a network address to the computer"

* "Windows action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address"

* "Local area connection: network cable unplugged"

Norton seemingly considered an update or service pack to be an intruder, I think, yesterday. It's all crazy again, which I need like a hole in the head. I'm too busy for all this connectivity nuttiness.

I have a new client that I'm helping to integrate blogs, wifi, plasma tv, homecooking, free cooking and computer seminars, social networking, library, direct mail, and email marketing. A switched-on restaurant of the future, with old fashioned meals, and free books to read and keep.

I like proving the Blog Revolution in odd applications. Restaurant blogging is a challenge, even for me. I have to really think deeply about the psycho-therapeutics and allegorical nature of restaurant patronage.

No comments: