Sunday, March 19, 2006

Chartreuse vs. ads in blogs (me)

Chartreuse (BETA) has yet another post I can sink my teeth into, and chew, and gnarl, and growl, and rolf, and spit out chunks of.

"The Art of The Sellout (or How To Make Money With Your Blog)"

He seems to claim that running ads on a blog is a less than ideal thing to do.

I happen to like ads, those pretty or handsome logos and symbols, as long as they're the less popular graphic image buttons, and not the ugly common text ads. I see ads as visual enhancements to a blog, as well as a lucrative source of well deserved income for an honest, hard working chap or lass.

Here's my dopey remark on his noble blog, that 2 days ago blogrolled mean old Vaspers the Grate!

[QUOTE]

While I knew…

v((aspers th' gr]*ate
Says:
March 19th, 2006 at 9:07 pm

Everything is always simple and uneasy. Cluetrain or Gluebrain? That’s the only questionnaire that works around here. We’ll cover all the rugs with cheap perfume.

Okay then, so’s what can happen will event itself when it feels like it, or when it has to, and we can be safe once again in happiness. Every time a brand pops up top of mind, your head has a hotel in it.

v((aspers th' gr]*ate
Says:
March 19th, 2006 at 9:10 pm

P.S. As an Ethical Anarchist and Anti-Globalist Tree Hugger, I see ads on my blog as an evolutionary leap into ecommerce, where I want to be, getting paid to be me, and I see the ads themselves and as simply clickable decorations that radiate a contagious credibility transference.

[END QUOTE]

No comments: