Monday, December 12, 2005

What does Blogger lack?


What does Blogger lack?

This is a Blogger blog.

I have a new WordPress blog, electrica, that I'm working on slowly. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it a music blog or some sort of web topic blog. It was quick and easy to create, and I like all the administrative control I can have in it. Also, like Blogger it's FREE.

I have a JotSpot wiki that I'm not currently doing anything with.

I have a Xanga blog (bet you didn't know that), that I had to sign up for just to post a comment at a friend's daughter's blog. I've done nothing with it.

There was a "Vaspers the Great 2" blog out there somewhere, created with some blogging tool I now forget the name of, I think it was BlogPro. I just checked. It's no longer in existence, must've been deleted by the host due to prolonged inactivity.

I'm not interested in TypePad or Moveable Type blog tools, mainly due to the poor post and blog URLs they assign. Post and blogs with well written URLs (web addresses) are favored by search engines. Well written URLs are also easier for users to copy and recall.

You hear all the time that "Blogger is fine for new bloggers, but it doesn't have the features and functions a real, professional blogger needs."

What are these vital features and functions?


[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

:^|

2 comments:

MARYBETH said...

hello VTG

I will pop over to your new blog project!


Come on over and meet my first grandaughter!

N a m a s t e

carrie said...

yeah. i think blogger is fine for experienced bloggers, too. they can just hack the template.