Friday, December 09, 2005

new blog game online


new blog game online

"Blogpoly"

I hate all computer/video games. But since this one involves blogging, I thought I'd pass this on to you. Try not to get hooked, because computer games are, as everyone knows, a worthless waste of time.

At least this game is not racist, sexist, and violent, like Grand Theft Auto is.

I got this from a post at Blogger Buzz blog.

I never liked any board games, card games, or any other game, except football and basketball. But if you do like Monopoly, this is the blog version of it, called Blogpoly.

http://www.kurnik.org/intl/en/blogpoly

You just need to register with a user name and a password. I got as far as setting up a table and waiting for someone to join. I waited a few seconds, and ditched it. I'm sorry, I just am bored stiff with all games. I won't even spend a few minutes to learn how to play them.

I just wanted to check out the usability characteristics of entering into the play. I have no idea, of course, of how usable and enjoyable playing Blogpoly is. You can try it and tell me, if you want. Except: I'm really not interested.

Have fun. Or at least try to have fun, if that's what you like to do with your valuable and limited time on this earth.

[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

:^|

2 comments:

Jonas Haurum said...

"I hate all computer/video games"

Why?

(i'm of the same opinion, but i'd like your view on this hotly contested issue)

steven edward streight said...

Purely personal. Just not my cup of tea. I prefer making electronic music. That's sort of a game in itself I suppose.

Same with exercise. I don't like to "do exercises", I would rather work at hard physical labor, than do strenuous exercise.

I like having an end result that is my own creation.

When you finish a game, of any sort, you gain nothing but skill in the game playing.

But when I finish an electronic music composition, I have had fun and I also gain a work of music that others might enjoy.

This is purely personal.

I don't mean that all games are evil or wrong or bad, though I am opposed to immoral or violent games. Shooting cops and beating up hookers with a golf club is not my idea of ethical gaming.

Also: I like to state my opinions in a strong manner, to generate reactions. Not being theatrical or exaggerating, just trying to get a point across.