Friday, December 16, 2005

CompuMusik CD now ready to ship


CompuMusik CD
now ready to ship


Step right up and get your experimental electro-acoustic techno noise machine product!

Yes, you poor misguided creatures, the new Steven Streight CompuMusik smash hit album, the final version, is now done and starting today, being mailed out.

"Christian Noise Metaphysics" final public version for mass distribution, and soon to be followed by my "Assorted Sound Confusions" sequel, consists of the following "songs":


Steven Streight CompuMusik
"Christian Noise Metaphysics"

TT: 77:16

Made with Audacity audio editor, Cyber Acoustics CVL-1064 DNCT 4 internet microphone, and pneuma hagion love.



(1) transform the culture [0:30]

(2) zero to infinity in no seconds [5:58]

(3) thought cube disco [5:27]

(4) glory glory (radio edit) [3:41]

(5) war vs. everybody [3:50]

(6) Liberty by Shelley 1824 [6:23]

(7) new dimension disco [7:17]

(8) life pulsations booster [2:40]

(9) chalice and torch [2:05]

(10) vibrating foamular object (remix) [2:44]

(11) ethereal nature setting [7:38]

(12) light train signal [3:35]

(13) the glow [3:20]

(14) properties of linear detergents [11:51]

(15) digital angel jazz piece [4:55]

(16) painful flames of sorrow [5:15]


I added techno type instrumentation drive to a few songs, so they charge along more locomotively, picking up the pace, and lauching out into outer space.

If we find spam in outer space, will it then be "Outer Spam"?

If so, me and Sufjan Stevens will be there to meet it, greet it, and defeat it.

http://www.sufjan.com

Check out the interesting products at Asthmatic Kitty Records:

http://www.asthmatickitty.com

Last night I bought Sufjan Stevens' "Come on feel the Illinioise" CD at WalMart, and it is an incredibly beautiful, Van Dyke Parks-type musical work, with a mini-orchestra and bizarre lyrics with a spiritual edge.

Song titles are generally paragraphs like Track 2: "THE BLACK HAWK WAR, or How To Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, I have fought the Big Knives and will continue to fight them until they are off our lands!"

Or Track 6: "A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, but for Very Good Reasons".

Caution: Sufjan Stevens and his Asthmatic Kitty Records colleagues are making "secretly spiritual" music, so make sure you're on The Path first before listening to it, and know within your deepest self that you're at least taking a few baby steps toward turning into an Other Than.

Also check out the FREE music mp3 downloads at related site Sounds Familyre

http://www.soundsfamilyre.com/
soundsfamilyre/media/index.asp

And the very cool Secretly Canadian cartoon music video "Morning Wonder" by The Earlies

http://www.scjag.com/
mp3/sc/morningwonder.mov



Now, back to my shameless self-promotion, with no monetary gain in mind.


ANTI-MAMMONIST:

Want a FREE copy of my new Steven Streight CompuMusik "Christian Noise Metaphysics" album recorded directly from WAV files onto a sleek gold Maxell Music Pro CD-R?

Email me your land address, and I'll see what I can do.

[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate


P.S. As I don't operate a blog just to "accumulate comments", even so, I don't make electronic music just to "make money", which I think is a horrible reason for the making of any artistic entity.

Music designed to make money is typical RIAA product that sounds worse and worse with each successive CD by over-produced, super-hyped generic wankers and wannabes called "musicians", or "rock bands", or whatever.

Music designed to make money all sounds the same to me. You can actually hear the profit motive in every generic, imitative stroke of the strings and warble of the voice.

7 comments:

zafu said...

Hey Steven,

Definitely want one and I will send you my land address soon. I am moving and there's shtuff to sort out.

How much do I love Sufjan Stevens? I think his is the most original music I've heard in a long time, and like my belated discovery of Slint last year, Sufjan takes the title "Best Musical Find of the Year" in my pantheon. Just beautiful.

Can't wait to hear yours.

Zafu

steven edward streight said...

Wow, I can't believe anybody reading my blogs would know of Sufjan Stevens.

Van Dyke Parks made music like this back in the 1960s, this sort of psychedelic orchestral pop.

Sufjan Stevens, Pavement, Modest Mouse, Mouse on Mars, Stereolab, Caroliner, Deerhoof, Rene Vis, Faith Assembly...

...and all the new folk soft rock bands like Starlight Mints, Coastal, The Weakerthans, Chocolate USA, Paper Airplane Pilots, Say Hi To Your Mom, Olivia Tremor Control, Fiery Furnaces, and The Microphones are keeping me vastly entertained these days.

My CD is abrasively beautiful, not much mellowosity. But still weirdly gorgeous, I hope.

zafu said...

"weirdly gorgeous, I think"

I'll let you know! ;-)

zafu said...

If you like Sufjan, give Slint a whirl. They are unique. Very experimental.

steven edward streight said...

Current mailing/hand delivery list for the SS CompuMusik CD:

1. Bennett Theissen

2. Tim Meidroth (timjoe)

3. Rene Vis

4. Lee Streight (nephew)

5. Brittany and Nick (teen relatives)

6. some local Christian bookstore workers

steven edward streight said...

zafu:

I've vaguely heard of Slint, as I was pursuing music discoveries on Amazon dot com.

I really do buy the store CDs of bands I discover via Free Legal mp3s.

In one week, I bought a Modest Mouse and a Sufjan Stevens CD.

Will check out music clips of Slint on Barnes & Noble web site. Thanks for the recco.

steven edward streight said...

See "Reader reviews my CompuMusik CD CN Metaphysics" Vaspers the Grate post of 1-20-2006.

(Type title into "search blog" text entry box).

January 2006 archives.