Saturday, December 17, 2005

BLOGOPIA



BLOGOPIA:

Peoria Blogger Conference 2006




I'm in touch with Bill Dennis (see photo inset) at Peoria Pundit , and bloggers at some of the 14 other blogs in my area, to generate interest in a historic event...



BLOGOPIA: Peoria Blogger Conference 2006.


"BLOG" as in blog.

"OPIA" as in utopia.

"PIA" also as Peoria International Airport, the "PIA" that appears on luggage tags.

We could get together at the Pere Marquette Hotel, have a catered dinner, charge just enough to rent a conference room and pay for the dinner.

I could volunteer to host the event and deliver a speech on blogology. We could also have each blogger get up and describe how he or she started blogging and what their blog deals with, with each site projected on a screen for people to see.

We'll need a roster of featured speakers, special t-shirts and coffee mugs for sale, and a band to perform.

[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

:^)

4 comments:

Bill Dennis said...

I'm all for it ... as long as it doesn't cost me anything. The Pere might be too expensive a location, though. I'm also thinking that Bloggers might come, but there are a lot of people out there who are determined to ignore the value of blogs.

Bill Dennis said...

I'm all for it ... as long as it doesn't cost me anything. The Pere might be too expensive a location, though. I'm also thinking that Bloggers might come, but there are a lot of people out there who are determined to ignore the value of blogs.

steven edward streight said...

It could be at Mr. Donut, or a free feast at Sullivan's on Fridays at 5:00pm.

Maybe the Sullivans idea is best. Spend a few bucks on a couple drinks, and eat all you want for Free: the shrimp cocktail, cajun ribs, tacos, pizza, bratwurst, etc. they make available on Fridays.

I get there at 4:15, grab a table, and if only 4 or 5 bloggers show up, it would still be nice to meet each other and trade blogocombat stories.

But we could hype it as a major blogospheric event.

Blogs: They "Play in Peoria", but is New York ready for us?

steven edward streight said...

[QUOTE: comment posted by SS/VTG at PeoriaPundit]

A small, obscure, secretive, exclusionary, elitist, closed circle Blogger Bash at Mr. Donut would also be fine and dandy.

Or a sack lunch by the frozen Illini River?

Gulp. Help. I bit off more than I can chew! Please help me eat my own words. Pass the salt, please.

Anyway, I am an internationally loathed and certified Blogologist, according to several hypnotized UFO abductees, so I never have cared who blogs and who "don't get it".

I actually proclaim boisterously that "we tricked businesses into blogging, not so we could hear from them, but so they would hear from us, all our hate and love for deserving targets."

I want the bloatosphere to diminish, go on a diet, lose its flab, the Pseudo Blogs, Drivel Blogs, Fictional Character Blogs, Fictional Character Assassination Blogs, and all Blogoid Objects.

We are committed (to mental asylums? or...) to giving them a super slopbucketing with special effects via deharshing and blog scorching tactics.

See "Secret Vaspers Vocabulary" post on VTG for more details.

Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

[END QUOTE]