Saturday, October 01, 2005

Pull Paul out of internet hell


My blogocombat buddy, Paul Woodhouse, is experiencing some strange problems with his Tinbasher blog and the blog host.

I will quote most of his post on the topic, below.

"Help, I'm in internet hell."

http://www.butlersheetmetal.com/tinbasherblog/
index.php/archives/2005/09/30/help-im-in-internet-hell


[QUOTE]

... I’m having some seriously bizarre problems with my host.

This is turning into ten hours of internet hell as they keep suspending me for:

Your account was suspended due to] high httpd useage on www.butlersheetmetal.com /tinbasherblog/wp-admin/

Don’t ask me what that means as I don’t have a clue and they haven’t been too forthcoming with any explanations so far.

I went a bit beserk with the last email which started:

It’s always good to keep up with the latest versions. Wordpress isn’t the most server friendly blog software available. However, we cannot force you to remove it.
In the meantime we look like some buffoons who haven’t paid their bill.

I’m obviously going to have to upgrade over the weekend or something, but if you see the site suspended you now know as little as I do.


[END QUOTE]


If you can help pull Paul out of internet hell, please do. I hate smelling the stench of his burning flesh. Even worse than that UK cologne he wears. Thanks.


[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

:^(

2 comments:

Paul Woodhouse said...

That's awfully nice of you, sir.

But, in a perverse way, I do like it when this kind of crap happens.

It's at times like these that you make monstrous leaps and bounds in terms of knowledge in some curious area.

I wouldn't quite say it's having to learn via somebody else's mistake, but when you're struggling to pinpoint any kind of problem yourself and your host isn't really forthcoming and the guys in the wordpress forums seem a bit stumped then you know you're buggered.

I will say that the Wordpress forums, as always, have been bloody brilliant.

steven edward streight said...

Yes one does learn a lot when problems occur. It's part of our training as hyumins.