Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My new digital music recording studio



Introducing: my new digital music composition and recording studio.

Audacity plus iTunes equals:

digital music workstation/
recording studio/CD burner

I took me longer than I'd like to admit, last night, but I stumble bumbled around Audacity and iTunes and figured out how to:

(1) compose digital music

(2) save/export project as WAV file

(3) import project to iTunes, which converts it to MP3

(4) create playlist, then burn a CD of project

[EDIT: Correction--I did not convert WAV to MP3, which is lower sound quality. I burned the CD of my original music directly from the WAV file. Moonie Caine at Audacity-user discussion list explained this to me.]

I don't have an iPod, nor do I download songs off the internet. I'm not the slightest bit interested in that. But, I've been wanting to create my own soundscapes, and CDs of my original compositions. Last night, I did it.

I also took CDs of my old band Camouflage Danse and made my own playlist compilation of tracks, then burned a few CDs of it.

Unlistenable Music of
Unknown Genius Recordings
presents:


[UMUGR 001]

Camouflage Danse "Our Sound"
(compilation album)


[UMUGR 002]

Steven Streight "universings"
(computer musique )


All this for FREE (aside from cost of blank CDs to record onto).

Check out the freeware from Apple iTunes and from Audacity.


This is not an advertisement.

This is just the testimony of a satisfied new user.



[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

:^)

1 comment:

beefdonut said...

Hello Steven

Thought you might like to know that Propellerhead Rebirth is now Freeware.

Not sure if you picked Audacity because you're running Linux or not, if so, ignore this comment.

If you're on a windows or mac machine try rebirth

It's real fun once you get into it.

Joel