Thursday, August 11, 2005

Jeff Bridges blog: you rate it




Jeff Bridges blog: you rate it.

I'd like to know what you think of it. This is the blog of the famous and talented actor. My favorite movie with Jeff Bridges in it is "Vanished".

Rick Bruner directs readers to his "favorite celeb blog":

Jeff Bridges

http://www.jeffbridges.com


Let me just make a few quick observations, then reserve the rest of my critique after you have said what you think.

(1) It has an entry page, which is not a good idea. In other words, there is a "Welcome" page that comes before the actual main index page of the blog, which simply adds another, unnecessary click.

(2) It is innovative: hand written, not typed, with drawings.

(3) No comments, rather: a guestbook and a message board.

(4) He declares on the main menu page that a cyber vandal (my term) has been posting messages on the guestbook, claiming to be him. Jeff proclaims that he does not do that, so the "Jeff Bridges" poster is an imposter.

(5) Are there actual posts here? A candid conversation with readers?

(6) Long download time for "Latest" page.

(7) I find the blog to be attractive and worthy of analysis, which I'll provide later.


Okay, that's it. Now you go check out Jeff's blog and let me know what your opinion of it is. Is it valuable, interesting, bookmarkable?

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts with me.

[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

5 comments:

Voix said...

Hmmm. I thought it was interesting but not very substantial. I'm not one to follow movie stars, though. I wouldn't bookmark it, I'd give it two stars.

steven edward streight said...

Thank you Michele.

That is so nice of you to actually take the time to look at the Jeff Bridges blog, ponder it, and post your opinion here.

I won't be critical of anyone's opinion, I just like having "another set of eyes gazing" at it.

I find the blog inspiring, challenging, unique...but are there any posts? Is it too self-serving?

I applaud Jeff for doing it, but is there any genuine two-way conversation going on here?

A guestbook? That's an archaic throwback to the early primitive days of static web sites.

carrie said...

i think it is a really cool website. i would not consider it a blog.

i think it would only interest real fans of his.

it's definitely creative and artistic.

thanks for sharing the link

steven edward streight said...

Yes, Carrie, it is more like a web site, in fact I see nothing bloggy about it.

Why did Rick Bruner call it a blog? Not to pick on Rick, but why refer to a frequently updated personal home page a blog?

I spend a lot of time and effort trying to keep the definitions pure and usable, instead of murky and meaningless.

steven edward streight said...

Oh, and thanks Carrie, for taking the time to review the site and post a critique.

I like it, too. Jeff Bridges is a real solid actor, did you see "Vanished"? One of the scariest movies I ever saw, psychologically spooky, like "The Tenant" or something.