Sunday, July 03, 2005

Blogs & Browsers Blues



Blogs & Browsers Blues: incompatibility, no cross-browser compliance, loss of readers and contributors due to browser choice.

"Face it," I say to myself. "My blogs are not downloading or rendering correctly in Internet Explorer."


You can work on your blog, try to spruce it up, make it visually interesting.


And most readers won't be able to visit it anymore. Because most people use Internet Explorer as their browser.


So you have to ruin it for the Firefox browser users, by dulling down your blogs to accommodate Internet Explorer.


This ought not be.


If anyone is experiencing problems,


still, after I said

I fixed the broken layout

in Internet Explorer,


please post a comment

or email me.


I always use Firefox.

When I use Internet Explorer,

it takes forever to download

my Vaspers and BCV blogs.



This is catastrophic web error.


This problem cannot continue
to exist in this way.


I may have to stop blogging

and delete all my blogs.



Or just blog for the Firefox users.


Maybe people really will have to switch browsers,

or at least add Firefox to their browser suite,

to properly visit and view my blogs.


Why would anyone refuse

to use Firefox?




[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate


+ = -

2 comments:

Karen said...

Please don't stop blogging or delete all your blogs! I can still read you fine in IE.

Besides, there's still the RSS feed way.... :-)

steven edward streight said...

RSS is strange.

I still haven't downloaded a free RSS reader. FeedDemon was a limited trial offer, so I deleted without using it.

I didn't know it was a trial offer.

I don't do trial offers.

I want a free reader or nothing.

RSS/Atom syndication technology is still so full of bugs, loopholes, and lollygagging that I am slow to adopt the thing, whilst providing feeds to those who use them.

I don't have full post feeds because all posts contain large image files.

:^]