Friday, June 03, 2005

Don't Step on That Gum, It's Art!



Here's a strange site for you, to make your weekend a little weirder.

Tell your friends there's an artist who lies down on the sidewalk and turns splotches of smashed, pre-chewed bubblegum into beautiful art specimens.

Ben's Bubblegum Art

[EDIT/UPDATE: Flikr has seemingly re-assigned a sub-domain or new URI for this bubblegum art page. So now the link is correctly typed here, but the destination appears to be the Flikr home page. I don't monkey with Flikr, I got better stuff to work with, so I don't know. I guess I have to search for the deep, direct link, later, too busy right now. Boing Boing also posted about this strange site.]

http://wwww.flikr.com/photos/
rahid1/sets/286517

We need CEOs like this, who do these kinds of things in their spare time.

I like to create digital abstract art. And I like visual/audio blog art and interactive net art.

Bubble gum is a new one on me, I mean on the sidewalk.

Careful where you tread. Don't deface that splotch art on the gum on the sidewalk on your way downtown. Watch it, please.

Right on, bubblegum artist!



[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate



:^]

4 comments:

SatishTalim said...

Steven these two links for AudioBlogging -
http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2004_06_15_index.html
and
http://www.blogger.com/knowledge/2004/06/on-road-with-audioblogger.pyra

No use for me yet, as it's only applicable in the US.

steven edward streight said...

Thanks Talim.

jackenstein of all trades said...

Psst! you missed a 'c' - flickr not flikr. (bit late in that day i know, but i've been busy...) Cheers, ~Rahid

steven edward streight said...

Often, far too often, I'm an idiot.

Thanks Rahid.