Sunday, August 01, 2004

System Usability Scale (Modified)

*
*
Here's a form that's very helpful at the end of a User Observation Test in a Web Usability Analysis program.

This is one of several forms and procedures we use at Streight Site Systems to evaluate user satisfaction and performance at a client's web site.

In its original version, this questionnaire applied to any DEC computer or technological system. I have modified it to make it specifically accommodate web site evaluations.

It's in the public domain. Anyone may feel free to use it, as long as DEC is credited with creating the original version.

See the original version at
www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~ph/sus.html
or at
Usability Net.

Rather than list the "agree/disagree" values 1 through 5 in a vertical series, as shown here, I use a horizontal bar spectrum of values from 1 (far left) to 5 (far right).

In either case, user test subjects are instructed to circle a number to indicate "agree/disagree" values regarding the statements.



System Usability Scale Questionnaire.*


Please respond honestly to the phrases below:

1 = Strongly Agree!
2 = Agree
3 = Maybe, Somewhat, Sometimes
4 = Disagree
5 = Strongly Disagree!


1. Wow! I'm sure I'll be using this web site often.

1

2

3

4

5

2. I'm sorry, but I won't be returning to this web site.

1

2

3

4

5

3. I thought the web site was easy to use & understand.

1

2

3

4

5

4. I'll need more practice--or support from a technical person--to easily use this web site.

1


2


3


4


5

5. The information and things to do in this web site were well organized.

1

2

3

4

5

6. I thought there was too much information in this web site.

1

2

3

4

5

7. I think most people could quickly learn to use and understand this web site.

1


2


3


4


5

8. I found the web site frustrating, time consuming, or confusing to use.

1

2

3

4

5

9. I felt confident and satisfied using this web site.

1

2

3

4

5

10. I'd need to learn a lot of things before I could master this site.

1

2

3

4

5

Copyright 1986 Digital Equipment Company Ltd.
Public Domain: use is not contested.
*Modified 2004 Streight Site Systems.



No comments: